Compared to big businesses, small businesses can’t spend as much manpower and other resources for their security. But, small business security doesn’t always have to be expensive. Here are some ways that small businesses can stay secure for less.
- Stay up-to-date. Whether it’s your Shopify, antivirus software, browser or operating system, enabling automatic updates will ensure that you always have the best defense.
- The Wi-Fi network in your workplace must be encrypted and hidden for the best security. You should set up your router so that it doesn’t show your Service Set Identifier (SSID). Additionally, use a strong password that will prevent unauthorized access to your router.
- Ensure that your employees are well-informed about security practices and your policies.
- Enable your operating system’s firewall so that outsiders won’t be able to access the data in your private network. This goes for your employees working from their homes as well.
- If you accept, handle or store credit card information, you need to comply to the PCI DSS to ensure that you have enough protection against malicious attackers.